Set the stage for provider satisfaction
Hospital staff satisfaction is key to a healthy hospital. But keeping every team member fulfilled and supported can slip when resources are strained and hospital operations aren’t streamlined.
Set the stage for clinician and physician satisfaction and loyalty by keeping open lines of communication and a steadfast dedication to patients. Ultimately, your hospital, your support staff, and your providers share the same goal—high quality patient care.
The key to lower turnover
Quality-centered practices are linked to lower staff turnover. Studies show that efforts to improve patient experiences result in greater hospital employee, clinician, and doctor satisfaction, reducing turnover. Plus, models show that reducing turnover by just 1% can reduce costs by $1.3 million annually.*,2
Strategies for increasing clinician and physician satisfaction
- Maintain a supportive, accessible clinical leadership team.
- Streamline provider contracting process.
- Increase new provider engagement with at least “9 Touches in 90 Days” through programs like the Provider Concierge Program.
- Offer incentives to align provider goals with your organization’s goals.
- Boost career clinician and physician satisfaction and retention with ongoing medical leadership training, comprehensive CME programs, flexible scheduling, and coaching at every career stage.
- Alleviate bottlenecks and improve patient throughput with predictive staffing tools.
- Foster an environment of accountability among medical leadership and all team members.
- Address provider concerns with respect and responsiveness.
Provider Concierge Program
True to our mission and derived from our Southern roots, we are committed to providing personal attention to every provider. With the Provider Concierge Program, providers get access to a designated concierge coordinator that can support them throughout their career at SCP.
- Relocation assistance
- Expense reimbursement
- Connections with local service providers
- Orientation and training
- Internal systems support
- Payroll and benefits
The Clinical Services Partner that Builds Provider Trust and Improves Engagement
See how SCP's approach to hospitalist recruitment, ongoing education, and overall practice management built a strong culture that prioritized provider engagement, improved patient satisfaction, and elevated hospital performance on important metrics.
*In a healthcare organization employing 3,000 workers with an average salary of $45,000.
- Aligning Forces for Quality. Good for health, good for business: the case for measuring patient experience of care. The Center for Healthcare Quality. Published April 1, 2010. Accessed July 12, 2016.
- Studer Q. Selecting and retaining talent: tools for the bottom line. Healthcare Financial Manage. 2006;60(7):88,90.