Hospital Medicine Results
As a collaborative partner, SCP Health assembles and aligns teams, using
evidence-based strategies to drive the successful improvement of metrics and quality across the continuum of patient care.
Strong clinical leadership, including experienced medical directors and senior medical experts, head a highly collaborative clinical team that fully aligns and integrates with your hospital and medical staff.
Our patient-centered approach focuses on enabling and delivering exceptional care with a positive patient experience, before, during, and after clinical encounters.
We drive continuous improvement in quality through innovative technology, data-driven insights, and actionable analytics, resulting in reduced clinical variability, and cost-effective care.
Achieve Peak Potential
Financial stability, high recruitment and retention rates, and long-term partnerships allow your health system to set and achieve strategic goals and pave the way for new and innovative value-based models.
Hospital Medicine Solutions
Quality, Benefits, and Impact
SCP Health hospital medicine solutions utilize proven care delivery models, streamline workflows, and maximize resources, driving quality improvements and advancing operational efficiency across the continuum of patient care.
- Quality of Care Measurements: Enhance public-facing metrics and improve your industry footprint through advanced clinical approaches that improve CMS Star ratings, LOS management, patient safety measurements, and MIPS scores.
- Accountable Leadership: Medical directors are supported and held highly accountable for obtaining and analyzing key quality data, and for developing and deploying continuous improvement strategies.
- Clinician Performance Reports: Rapid cycle, individualized feedback derived from the clinician’s own charts enables clinical teams to meet targets quickly and sustain superior performance over time.
- Executive Dashboards: Allow visibility into actionable data on quality of care, clinical and operational performance, patient satisfaction, and facility-specific initiatives.
- Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE): Efficient evaluation processes gather individualized data on clinical performance that supports early detection and timely responses on clinical performance and meets external reporting requirements.
- Robust Recruiting and Retention: Extensive screening, interviewing, credentialing, and enrollment processes qualify hospital medicine candidates and provide support based on individual and team performance.
- Stable Environment: Improved clinical and operational performance through reduced administrative burden, quality improvement processes, staffing optimization, and leadership development.
- Leadership and Clinician Engagement: Continuous medical director support and a multi-feature engagement program involving education, ongoing reporting, and transparent communication.
- Optimized Staffing Models: Data-driven approaches and best practices optimize clinician staffing for patient volume and acuity while enhancing patient experience and safety.
- Patient-Centered, Clinician-Friendly: Focus and culture reflect the needs of both patients and clinicians, optimizing patient experiences and outcomes while empowering clinicians to focus on the work of healing.
- Revenue Growth: Proven strategies allow for enhanced patient loyalty and increased care capacity while supporting value-based care incentives.
- Cost Management: Operational insights and crisp execution allow us to minimize inefficiencies, achieve cost objectives, reduce subsidy requirements and recruiting costs.
- Revenue Cycle Management: We integrate clinical and financial systems to translate services into appropriate revenue, decreasing risk and increasing value across all types of reimbursement methodologies.
- Documentation: The clinical documentation team supports ongoing access to education and provides rapid-cycle feedback to support appropriate facility and physician revenue.
Communications and Operations
- Secure Messaging: mySCP Connect is a secure and HIPAA-compliant messaging app for direct, consistent clinician communication with group and broadcast capabilities.
- Streamlined Operations: mySCP Practice is a practical app focused on streamlining practice management primarily used for scheduling, credentialing, onboarding, and enrollment.
- Workspace Hub: mySCP Care is a provider-focused app facilitating efficient workflows and patient encounters through clinician dashboards, personal metric displays, and patient encounter support.
- Reduced Administrative Burden: Technology application supports both operational and clinical best practices, cutting out the noise and producing optimal results.
- Improved Throughput: Interdependent service lines utilize enhanced communications that align practices, delivering seamless, exceptional patient outcomes.
- Joint Operations Committee: Collaborative meetings with hospital C-suite and clinical leaders reveal opportunities to streamline care in emergency medicine and inpatient services while improving quality, cost-effectiveness, and patient experience.
- EM/HM Guidebook: Expert guidance and resources strengthen both emergency and hospitalist services and provide ongoing guidance for best practices and efficient care.
- Goal Alignment: Expertise and experience align your hospital’s unique needs with clinical leadership, recruitment, staffing optimization, quality objectives, documentation assurance and revenue cycle support.
- Data-Driven Decisions: Real-time data collection of clinical and operational metrics to provide actionable analytics enabling ongoing process improvement and high-quality outcomes.
- Minimal Disruptions: Customized solutions reduce administrative burden and improve operational performance without changing your current employment strategy.
Telemedicine Hospitalist Programs
Flexible and customizable program options leverage technology to extend quality care via:
- Dedicated telehospitalists, telenocturnists, and teleadmissions.
- Continual physician support for NPs/PAs.
- Surge support for on-site clinicians.
- Post-acute care interventions.
Virtual Health Solutions
Our care coordinators support patients after they leave the hospital, ensuring timely and appropriate follow-up care and providing support along the next steps of the care journey.
Using telemedicine technology, our clinicians check in with concerned patients and offer new clinical encounters as needed, providing exceptional patient care outside of the hospital to create better outcomes.
We work directly with patients and employers, empowering them to make informed health care decisions and optimize patient experience across the continuum of care.
Hospital Medicine Success
Learn about specific challenges our hospital medicine partners faced and how SCP Health helped them see measurable results.
- Success Story 1
- Success Story 2
- Success Story 3
Accelerated HM Program Start-Up
Discover how one hospital transformed admission and consultation practices and improved documentation, LOS, and throughput metrics.Read Case Study
Telehospitalists Improve Morale
Find out what embracing telehealth technology did for one hospital’s physician and nurse satisfaction.Read Case Study
Continuous Improvement Through Enhanced Economics
See the difference a customized program management solution made for one hospital’s revenue results.Read Case Study
Hospital Medicine Expertise
SCP Health clinical and operational leadership create resources and articles sharing up-to-date hospital medicine strategies and industry news to help you achieve your goals.
Reimagining Inpatient Care: The Next Generation of Hospital Medicine
Assess the state of your Hospital Medicine (HM) program, get actionable steps for enhancing current HM performance and culture, and learn how to prepa ...Learn More
This must-read infographic offers insight into the significant changes ...
Use this tool to evaluate the current state of your organization’s H ...
How to embrace and leverage your ED as a value-drive asset.
Would you like to learn more about hospital medicine solutions for your hospital? Please reach out by filling out the form to:
- Schedule a VIP meeting
- Request a consultation
- Speak with a clinical expert
- Chat with a recruiter
- Get in touch with a scheduler
- Contact a sales representative