Critical Care Results
SCP Health's innovative care delivery models and operational insights work to increase physician satisfaction and foster exceptional patient care, significantly impacting key performance indicators for critical care.
Strong clinical leadership, including experienced medical directors and senior medical experts, head a highly collaborative clinical team that fully aligns and integrates with your hospital and medical staff.
Our patient-centered approach focuses on enabling and delivering exceptional care with a positive patient experience.
We drive continuous improvement in quality through high-intensity staffing models, reduced clinical variability, and consistent cost-effective care.
Achieve Peak Potential
Financial stability, high recruitment and retention rates, and long-term partnerships allow your health system to set and achieve strategic goals and pave the way for new and innovative value-based models.
Critical Care Solutions
Quality, Benefits, and Impacts
With proven strategies and results-oriented solutions, SCP Health customizes critical care management to accelerate clinical and operational progress and increase patient and clinician satisfaction.
- Quality of Care Measurements: Enhance public-facing metrics and improve your industry footprint through advanced clinical approaches that meet Leapfrog Intensivist Physician Staffing standards, shorten ICU and hospital LOS, decrease ventilator days, and reduce ICU mortality.
- Accountable Leadership: Medical directors are supported and held highly accountable for obtaining and analyzing key quality data, and for developing and deploying continuous improvement strategies.
- Clinician Performance Reports: Rapid cycle, individualized feedback derived from the clinician’s own charts enables clinical teams to meet targets quickly and sustain superior performance over time.
- Executive Dashboards: Allow visibility into actionable data on quality of care, clinical and operational performance, patient satisfaction, and facility-specific initiatives.
- Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE): Efficient evaluation processes gather individualized data on clinical performance that supports early detection and timely responses on clinical performance and meets external reporting requirements.
- Robust Recruiting and Retention: Extensive screening, interviewing, credentialing, and enrollment processes qualify critical care medicine candidates and provide support based on individual and team performance.
- Stable Environment: Improved clinical and operational performance through reduced administrative burden, quality improvement processes, staffing optimization, and leadership development.
- Leadership and Clinician Engagement: Continuous medical director support and a multi-feature engagement program involving education, ongoing reporting, and transparent communication.
- Optimized Staffing Models: Data-driven approaches and best practices optimize clinician staffing for patient volume and acuity while enhancing patient experience and safety.
- Patient-Centered, Clinician-Friendly: Focus and culture reflect the needs of both patients and clinicians, optimizing patient experiences and outcomes while empowering clinicians to focus on the work of healing.
- Joint Operations Committee: Collaborative meetings with hospital C-suite and clinical leaders reveal opportunities to streamline care between departments while improving communication, continuity, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Improved Throughput: Interdependent service lines utilize enhanced communication and transition practices to deliver exceptional patient outcomes through reduction of ICU holds in the ED and appropriate transition to the floor.
- Operational Assessment: Detailed process, staffing, and performance observation and assessment to identify pain points and create a customized plan for improvement.
- Mission Discharge Criteria: Appropriate standardization of discharge processes and criteria to ensure bringing the right patients in and moving the right patients out.
- Revenue Growth: Proven strategies allow for enhanced patient loyalty and increased care capacity while supporting value-based care incentives.
- Cost Management: Operational insights and crisp execution allow us to minimize inefficiencies, achieve cost objectives, reduce subsidy requirements and recruiting costs.
- Revenue Cycle Management: We integrate clinical and financial systems to translate services into appropriate revenue, decreasing risk and increasing value across all types of reimbursement methodologies.
- Documentation: The clinical documentation team supports ongoing access to education and provides rapid-cycle feedback to support appropriate facility and physician revenue.
Communications and Operations
- Streamlined Operations: SCP Health’s proprietary mySCP technology makes it easy for clinicians to engage and perform optimally with a personalized, readily accessible source for onboarding, communications, schedules, credentials, patient encounters, and performance metrics.
- Secure Messaging: mySCP is a HIPAA compliant messaging channel that provides consistent communication, keeps clinicians informed through group and personal notifications, and allows for rapid scheduling adjustments.
- Workspace Hub: The mySCP platform facilitates efficient workflows through clinician dashboards, personal metric displays, and patient encounter support.
- Reduced Administrative Burden: Technology application supports both operational and clinical best practices, cutting out the noise and producing optimal results.
High-Intensity Staffing and Management Services
- Improved Quality of Care: Increased hospital capacity to serve patients’ needs through consolidated and coordinated patient care.
- Critical Care Expertise: Dedicated intensivists give support for admissions, clinical transitions, and step-down decisions and reduce out of hospital transfers, keeping patients closer to home.
- Customized Coverage Plan: Allows for best-fit coverage models that can include daytime, 24/7, or mixed coverage based on ICU census and needs.
Telehealth Intensivist Programs
Flexible and customizable program options leverage technology to extend quality care via:
- Critical care trained tele-intensivists.
- Day and nighttime coverage models.
- Remote support for on-site clinicians.
Virtual Health Solutions
Our care coordinators support patients after they leave the hospital, ensuring timely and appropriate follow-up care and providing support along the next steps of the care journey.
Using telemedicine technology, our clinicians check in with concerned patients and offer new clinical encounters as needed, providing exceptional patient care outside of the hospital to create better outcomes.
We work directly with patients and employers, empowering them to make informed health care decisions and optimize patient experience across the continuum of care.
Critical Care Success
See how we foster exceptional patient care in critical care medicine with a closer look at some of our current partnerships.
- Success Story 1
- Success Story 2
Resourceful Critical Care Metrics
An extensive, non-profit regional health system saw high engagement, successful outcomes, and positive feedback with telehealth implementation.Read Case Study
Quality Through Integration
Learn what strong communication channels and best-practice education did for this hospital’s quality metrics and reputation.Read Case Study
Critical Care Expertise
SCP Health clinical leaders and operational experts provide thought-provoking resources and articles regarding critical care access, outcomes, and practices.
The Necessity of Developing Teamwork in the ICULearn More
Learn about the benefits of a dedicated critical care program in your ...
Discover the pros and cons of practicing rural critical care and what ...
Actionable steps for clinical leaders, hospital executives, and clinic ...
Would you like to learn more about critical care medicine solutions for your hospital? Please reach out by filling out the form to:
- Schedule a VIP meeting
- Request a consultation
- Speak with a clinical expert
- Chat with a recruiter
- Get in touch with a scheduler
- Contact a sales representative