Leveraging technology to extend quality care
Major market challenges may be driving you to rethink your business and care-delivery models. With the shift from fee-for-service to value-based care, admission penalties requiring more proactive and preventive care capabilities, and increasing healthcare costs, many hospitals are turning to telemedicine as a game-changing solution.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is the next frontier in leveraging technology to extend quality care to patients. This innovative care-delivery model allows hospitals to provide more cost-effective hospital medicine service while maintaining care quality, documentation compliance, and patient satisfaction.
Hospital impact and value
- Broadened care coverage
- Operational cost reduction
- Remedy for night and weekend coverage challenges
- Continual physician support for NPs
- Optimal alignment between capacity and productivity
- Improved physician satisfaction through better support/staffing
- Flexible and customizable program options
- Surge support from remote physicians
- Quicker hospitalist response rates for ED admissions
- Reduction in client subsidy payments
- Reduced physician recruiting demands
- Dedicated Hospitalist with “non-hospital distractions”
Evaluation and implementation strategy
Our proprietary Telemedicine Maturity Model measures your hospital’s readiness to implement telemedicine services. From initial market evaluation to multi-service implementation, we help our clients establish or accelerate telehealth services for optimal business success.
To get started, our Consulting Services Team will help you develop an overall telemedicine strategy that is customized to your hospital with prioritized service lines for telemedicine implementation.
“The interaction between on-site providers and the Telehospitalist is a perfect blend of what a hybrid program should be. It's smooth and easy just like any other classic Hospitalist program. The feedback from patients is a mixture of excitement and surprise initially, and as the interaction progresses, that of comfort and appreciation.”