There is a critical need for strong and talented clinical leaders in today’s healthcare environment. These individuals must see and understand the current state of healthcare, keep others grounded in times of uncertainty, and always have a clear focus on what needs to be done.
When considering someone’s leadership potential, try asking yourself these questions:
- Do they communicate with flexibility and agility?
- Do they see what’s happening in a variety of places: on their teams, in their community, and at the executive level?
- Do they collaborate well with others and facilitate solutions?
- Do they use their own experience as well as outside sources to make decisions?
- Do they respond to stress and worry calmly?
- Do they reassure others and get the job done?
- Are they effective team builders?
- Do they respond and adapt quickly?