Coordinating the continuum of care
The first hours and days after patients leave your hospital’s ED are critical to healing and determining the appropriate follow-up care. And some patients aren’t prepared with a primary care doctor or specialist in case their recovery doesn’t go as planned. SCP excels in patient navigation, and stepping in to fill the care coordination gap and position your hospital as the clear choice for follow-up care.
How it works
We understand that patient transitions of care are some of the most critical points along the care journey and present many risks for discontinuity in the patient experience. Our patient navigation program utilizes a telephonic contact and engagement system to provide care coordination for patients discharged from the emergency department. The program identifies and engages patients over 18 that may need extra support planning and coordinating future care touchpoints.
- Improved transitions of care
- Enhanced integration with primary care
- Lower hospital readmissions and/or ED visits
- Decreased repeat visits, procedures, labs, and imaging
- More engaged patients
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Better patient care healthcare experience
- Improved hospital utilization